Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend summary

Yes, it's been over a week since my last post. My explanation(not excuse) is I was out of town for a long weekend, am working on a big post which includes color correcting photos(which I haven't done before) and a computer whose molecules spontaneously arrange themselves into non-working order. So, to tide you over, I have a few food related photos from my trip.

I went to Eugene, Or. to visit one of my best friends. She had an art opening/cupcake party which we made/decorated the cupcakes for. Well, she made the cupcakes and I helped decorate.

cupcakes in the making (photo by Kristin)
My friend also has an amazing studio space. I worked on a project that is part of a new body of work. I used vegetables as stamps for some large scale work. The final results are still a little ways out, but here's a peek at the process.

veggie stamps (photo by Kristin)
And here are some of the finished cupcakes. They were a big hit!

art opening cupcakes (photo by Kristin)

More posts this week-I promise!

2 comments:

kristin said...

testing comments....

Janice La Verne said...

Now that is a Beautiful Cupcake photo. Beautiful gumdrop.

I have a request... can I make a slideshow using some of your images? just to show to friends and my sis.

And can you tell me how to make something healthy and delish with couscous? It always seems kind dry and boring to me.

i'm still high and happy from the time I got to spend with you.

love, j