Friday, March 27, 2009

Blaaah-gging


Seattle sky photo by Kristin
Yay!(read with extreme sarcasam) This is what Seattle looks like again today. This is the time of year when I have to try really hard to get out of bed instead of hanging a sign around my neck that says "wake me when the sun finally shines" I have to make little adjustments here and there, like taking photos of the rain so that i can "appreciate" it.

Pink working lunch photo by Kristin
One of the things I love about our kitchen is that it's on the southwest corner of the building and even when it's really grey outside, we get quite a bit of light. So for the past two days, I've been doing studio work on the kitchen table to take advantage of this.

Pink sunshine-substitute photo by Kristin
I also made a pretty pink strawberry smoothie(yay for spring and strawberries!) to match the colorways I'm using and served it to my self in a piece of stemware for extra specialness.

Everyday-ness photo by Kristin

And, trying to see something in the everyday things helps to stave off the lethargy of five months of the cold and grey.

I'm looking forward to tonight. We are going to friends for a little dinner party. Photos and details to come this weekend....

1 comment:

Janice La Verne said...

i think these rain photos are most beautiful. keepers.

i can make smoothies! yum, smoothies are so good.